Skip to main content

PANDORA PROMISE

 

    Talking about nuclear reactors has always been a sketchy topic, and it had a lot of bad reputation because of the word nuclear. When you hear "nuclear," people tense up. Everyone oversees a touchy subject, but they don't get the true story because people overlook it. So you had this solid residue, of "This is not primarily an Energy Source, this is primarily a weapon that we all think very bad about." Which caused all of the Anti-Nuclear Protests. The documentary captured the fear and why we shouldn't be scared of this type of energy was really amazing. One scene that still holds on to me is that "A pound of Uranium that is the size of your finger; if we were to disperse that energy, it would be equal to 5000 barrels of petroleum." That's just mind-blowing to know how much greater the efficiency is.

I wasn't expecting to see how many people were against it, and they made stories called the china syndrome. The China syndrome is if a reactor were to meltdown, it would put a hole in the earth that would dig down to china. it was pretty upsetting to see how so many people were misguided because the Oil Industry made a lot of propaganda against radiation so they can make more money. But reactors aren't just about death and cancer that can come from radiation. It's about how efficient and how clean it is, which is why e need to get the ord out more which this documentary did.


Why are people still scared of nuclear anything? How can people who are Pro-Nuclear help? Could the evidence in the film be used to solve problems that we may have today? Do nuclear power plants help global warming? This documentary helped me realize one of the big reasons why nuclear power went south was that the US started ith small reactors and took giant leaps in order for it to be capitalized like how they did with every other energy source.



Comments

  1. Wonderful questions, Mihalo! I share them. At the same time, the dangers are still present. Then again, the amplification of effects of climate crisis are maybe calling us to reconsider? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also very curious and I have the same questions as you! I am wanting to learn more about the nuclear energy and get a better idea of its presence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My new Family

      I love my new family. I have been always a part of a team when it comes to soccer, wrestling, and now esports. I think it's crucial to have people close to you like a team since you can trust them and they will have your back. I think it's very important for everyone even for the youngins to have this environment.     A team will always be there for you as you will do the same. It was the most important thing I experienced and that developed even further after joining the esports team.     When I first went to college, I was back at square one. It was only me and my twin brother Vlad back at it again tackling the world together. Once I joined PNW Esports for Rocket League, I made friends that I could talk to, I can walk to class with, and even go out and hang with.  These guys helped me with the big leap that we all had to adapt which was going to college. I love my new family and I'm glad that I'm at PNW.          

From Where it All Started

           Whether it was a day trip to amusement parks or a weekend vacation to State Parks, road vacations have always been essential to me throughout my life. Many trips have been an early morning drive to Disneyland or a month-long excursion dragging our RV through as many States we could; we were always up for an adventure. My parents' passion for traveling is how I hope my kids will have the same gratitude I did when I was in the RV.  Our RV with my Dad Smiling     When I travel now, I love the idea of driving. I've gotten so comfortable If I have to move across the country, I wouldn't have any problems. Over the past ten years, I've discovered the whole united states, including Hawaii and Alaska. Indeed it is fantastic to say you've been to all 50 states. However, if my parents had not done this, we siblings may not be as close, so I appreciate it so much. Alaska was the trip I prize. We left the summer of 5th grade in the RV heading North West. We lived in I